Be a Good Pet Neighbor
As a dog or cat
The DO'S and DON'TS of Dog and Cat Ownership:
- Teach your dog or cat to be obedient and well behaved.
- Walk your dog on a leash and curb him when necessary.
- Teach your dog or cat to stay in your yard.
- Train your dog to stay quietly within his/her quarters while you are away.
- Train your dog to walk quietly at
heelon a loose leash.
- Take your dog or cat to the veterinarian at least once a year for a checkup - a healthy dog or cat makes a good pet neighbor.
- License your dog with the City.
- Let your dog or cat roam the neighborhood.
- Let your dog bark excessively.
- Let your dog or cat soil your neighbors' shrubbery or lawn, or tear up any flower gardens.
- Let your dog chase cars or bicycles.
- Let your dog or cat frighten or bite the postman, milkman, or other service people.
- Let your leashed dog lunge at or jump on passers-by.
Animals Running at Large / Leash LawNephi City does not allow animals to run at large at any time. Animals must be on a leash at all times they are not on the owner's property. A leash is defined as any chain, rope or device used to restrain an animal.
For more information please see our code Title 5 Chapter 2.
operating a dog kennel1and shall be required to pay an annual kennel license fee of fifteen dollars ($15.00) per year.
Expiration: The license fee shall cover the calendar year in which the license was issued, expiring on December 31 of the year of issuance, regardless of the date when issued.
For more information please see Title 5 of the Municipal Code.