Ute Stampede Rodeo
About the Stampede
For the local community the Ute Stampede is a long held tradition. Beginning in 1934, this attraction has been a yearly tradition and boasts only being missed during times of great national crisis. Its beginnings were humble, Dr. P.L. Jones its founder, insisted that there needed to be a celebration of the hard work of the community and at the same time celebrate the past inhabitants of this beautiful valley. His dream today continues. Crowds gather from our community and distant places. For three nights his dreams light up the Juab County Fairgrounds, filled with families making memories and having fun.
We invite you to join our beautiful city in this celebration to have fun, celebrate the hard working community and make some memories with our city.
2021 Dates and Schedule
2021 dates for the Ute Stampede: July 15, 16, & 17th
Thursday, July 15th -
NOON: Councilman Jones will be giving tours of the Juab Territorial Jail! This is not to be missed! Mr. Jones has a love of history that is unmatched, and his tour is a good view of what this historical building has done for our area.
Location: 45 West Center Street, Nephi
Time: Noon - ?
- 4:00 pm - Stock Drive Down Mainstreet
- 5:00 pm - City of Fun Carnival (located at the fairgrounds)
- 6:00 pm - Kid Fun Zone (animals, autographs, and so much more)
- 8:00pm - Opening Performance of the Ute Stampede (Gates open at 6:30 pm) FAMILY NIGHT!
Friday, July 16th -
- 6:30 am - Lion’s Club Breakfast at the Nephi City Park (600 North Main Street)
- 10:00 am - Craft Show at the Juab County Courthouse (158 East 100 North)
- 5:00 pm - Heritage & Western Parade on Main Street (Running from 600 North to 500 South) and the City of Fun Carnival (located at the fairgrounds)
- 8:00 pm - Ute Stampede "Military Night" (Gates open at 6:30 pm)
Saturday, July 17th -
- 6:30 am - Lions Club Breakfast at the Nephi City Park (600 North Main Street)
- 7:30 am - "Fun Run" at the Nephi City Park, Children’s Race starts at 8:30 am
- 8:00 am - Ute Stampede Golf Tournament at Canyon Hills Golf Course
- 10:00 am - Car Show at the Nephi City Park
- Craft Show at the Juab County Courthouse
- Nephi Gun Club "Stampede Shoot-out"
- 12:00 pm - Bathing Beauty Contest at Nephi City Park.
- 4:00 pm - Mammoth Parade on Main Street (Running from blocks 600 North to 500 South)
- 5:00 pm - City of Fun Carnival at the Fairgrounds
- 8:00 pm - Final Performance of the Ute Stampede Rodeo (Gates open at 6:00 pm)
Friday, July 16th
5:00 pm - Heritage & Western Parade on Main
The Heritage and Western Parade celebrates the rich history of the Ute Stampede and the families that live and work in the community. Filled with working animals, cowboys and cowgirls this parade runs on Main Street from 600 North to 500 South.
Saturday, July 17th
4:00 pm - Mammoth Parade on Main
The grand parade of the Ute Stampede the Mammoth Parade includes Floats, Royalties, Marching bands, Horses, Buggies, Antique Cars and a whole lot of Fun. Starting on Main Street from 600 North to 500 South. Follow the Mammoth Parade to the Fairgrounds to celebrate the final night of the Ute Stampede.
Please note that ALL parades are AT-WILL Events. We encourage ALL to follow CDC and State of Utah Guidelines by observing the following:
-Observe a 6’ distance between you and any other persons that do not live in the same household.
-Masks should be worn for you and the safety of others.
If you would like to participate in the parades for the Ute Stampede, please find the forms below. All forms must be turned in to Taunya Garrett (435)660-1408 or Judy Jensen (435)623-1599.