Ute Stampede Rodeo
About the Stampede
For the local community the Ute Stampede is a long held tradition. Beginning in 1934, this attraction has been a yearly tradition and boasts only being missed during times of great national crisis. Its beginnings were humble, Dr. P.L. Jones its founder, insisted that there needed to be a celebration of the hard work of the community and at the same time celebrate the past inhabitants of this beautiful valley. His dream today continues. Crowds gather from our community and distant places. For three nights his dreams light up the Juab County Fairgrounds, filled with families making memories and having fun.
We invite you to join our beautiful city in this celebration to have fun, celebrate the hard working community and make some memories with our city.
2019 Dates and Schedule
2019 dates for the Ute Stampede: July 11, 12, & 13th
Thursday, July 11th -
- 4:00 pm - Stock Drive Down Mainstreet
- 5:00 pm - City of Fun Carnival (located at the fairgrounds)
- 8:00pm - Opening Performance of the Ute Stampede (Gates open at 6:00 pm) TOUGH ENOUGH TO WEAR PINK NIGHT!
Friday, July 12th -
- 6:30 am - Lion's Club Breakfast at the Nephi City Park (600 North Main Street)
- 10:00 am - Craft Show at the Juab County Courthouse (158 East 100 North)
- 5:00 pm - Heritage & Western Parade on Main Street (Running from 600 North to 500 South) and the City of Fun Carnival (located at the fair grounds)
- 8:00 pm - Ute Stampede "Military Night" (Gates open at 6:00 pm)
Saturday, July 13th -
- 6:30 am - Lions Club Breakfast at the Nephi City Park (600 North Main Street)
- 7:30 am - "Fun Run" at the Nephi City Park, Children's Race starts at 8:30 am
- 8:00 am - Ute Stampede Golf Tournament at Canyon Hills Golf Course
- 10:00 am - Car Show at the Nephi City Park
- Craft Show at the Juab County Courthouse
- Nephi Gun Club "Stampede Shoot-out"
- 4:00 pm - Mammoth Parade on Main Street (Running from blocks 600 North to 500 South)
- 5:00 pm - City of Fun Carnival at the Fairgrounds
- 8:00 pm - Final Performance of the Ute Stampede Rodeo (Gates open at 6:00 pm)
Friday, July 12th
5:00 pm - Heritage & Western Parade on Main
The Heritage and Western Parade celebrates the rich history of the Ute Stampede and the families that live and work in the community. Filled with working animals, cowboys and cowgirls this parade runs on Main Street from 600 North to 500 South.
Saturday, July 13th
4:00 pm - Mammoth Parade on Main
The grand parade of the Ute Stampede the Mammoth Parade includes Floats, Royalties, Marching bands, Horses, Buggies, Antique Cars and a whole lot of Fun. Starting on Main Street from 600 North to 500 South. Follow the Mammoth Parade to the Fairgrounds to celebrate the final night of the Ute Stampede.
If you would like to participate in the parades for the Ute Stampede, please find the forms below. All forms must be turned in to Taunya Garrett (435)660-1408 or Judy Jensen (435)623-1599.