About the Parade
The Mammoth Parade has been a part of the Ute Stampede tradition for nearly 80 years. It has hosted homemade floats, designer floats and every kind of entry in those years. Each year the parade grows, and so does the community that surrounds it. The parade committee is made up of volunteer residents that are honored to carry on the tradition of making the Mammoth Parade the highlight of the Ute Stampede Parade Line-up.
Want to Participate?
Our parade wants you! If you are interested in participating in the Mammoth Parade please fill out the form below. For convenience purposes, they are in different formats. After filling out the form please return by the following options:
Mammoth Parade Committee
c/o Nephi City
21 East 100 North, Nephi, UT 84648
Want to Volunteer?
Looking to volunteer? We are always looking for new volunteer committee members that will help guide us for years to come. For the 2020 Mammoth Parade, we are looking for the following:
- New Committee Members
- 10 Individual Parade Guides (Assist participants along the parade route to find their hold spot and begin parade route)
- 3 Individual Parade Runners (Run materials and information along the parade route for committee and participants)
- 2 Individual Parade Water Runners (Hand water out along parade routes for participants)
Participants of the Mammoth Parade are required to fulfill the Rules and Guidelines set forth by the Ute Stampede Committee. If you did not receive these, please contact the Ute Stampede Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spectators are an important part of the parade, you bring the cheer and the joy in holding the event. However, there are a few etiquette guidelines and rules for spectators:
- Parade Routes "spot saving" has been an important part of the tradition for as long as the parade has been here. Please be kind to one another.
- Please refrain from causing incidents along the parade route, this is a busy time for all--incidents along the parade route make it hard for other spectators to enjoy and watch.
- Honor the Hold Line. The Hold Line is the lines that mark each side of the road for turning purposes, for parade purposes they will be called the HOLD LINE. Please DO NOT cross these for ANY reason. We value your safety and that of our participants. By not crossing the Hold Line we are ensuring your safety and that of our participants.
The Mammoth Parade Route runs on Main Street from 600 North to 500 South (outlined in Red). We Reroute all traffic during parade times around Main Street (outlined in green).
Parking on Main Street on Parade Routes is strictly prohibited. Vehicles will be moved at owners’ expense during these times. If you are parking please park on side streets, NOT blocking police routes or entrances to homes (i.e. driveways).